*The SM1P-Ex series is Intrinsically Safe certified to ATEX and IECEx standards for use in Hazardous Environments*
The SM1P-Ex provides essential features and benefits to improve safety, reliability, and efficiency in high noise and hazardous work environments. Sensear’s new industrial headset platform offers a robust design adhering to higher noise reduction standards. These headsets use Sensear’s SENS® technology to enhance speech and suppress noise while the noise-canceling boom mic filters out background noise so that only speech is transmitted through the microphone. SM1P-Ex’s upgraded Bluetooth® module also allows for the streaming of audio to the headset.
Dual Protection for Extreme Noise
For many high-noise intrinsically safe environments, the regular Sensear SM1P-Ex provides sufficient protection from hazardous sound. However, in workplaces in which noise exposure meets or exceeds 95 decibels (dBA), additional noise reduction is required to keep workers protected from hearing damage. The SM1P-ExDP comes with connected earplug earpieces inside each ear cup. With the ear plugs in and the ear muffs over the ears (double protection), workers receive dramatically increased protection from noise: the ExDP provides NRR 31, compared to the regular Ex's NRR 27. Both models are intrinsically safe. For working areas in which extreme volume levels (95dB+) are present, the Dual Protection model is needed.
Communication: Two-Way Radio, Bluetooth, and Face-to-Face
The SM1P-Ex allows for intrinsically safe connection to two-way radios, via your choice of Bluetooth or radio cable. These headsets can also be paired to mobile devices via Bluetooth, so you can link with intrinsically safe devices with HFP, HSP, and A2DP profiles. Alternatively, headset-to-headset communication is available via short range radio, over distances up to approximately 150 feet (50 meters). Clear face-to-face communications are also enabled via SENS™ Technology.
Note: This SM1P-Ex model is installed with a downlead for external radio connection, this downlead cannot be removed. This headset can also be offered without a downlead, which allows Bluetooth connection and short-range radio only. Please see: Sensear SM1PW-ExDP Bluetooth/Short Range Only Headset
SENS™ Technology for Face-to-Face Communications
SENS™ technology enables face-to-face communications without the need to remove the headset. The wearer is able to hear everything going on around them, but at a safe volume that will not damage their hearing. Background noise is suppressed, while voices and other important safe sounds come through clearly. The wearer can hear better with the headset on than with their naked ears.
With the SM1P-Ex, workers can stay protected while still maintaining their situational awareness, and they can communicate easily and efficiently.
Volume Limiting for OSHA Regulated Workplaces
The volume output on the SM1P-Ex is limited to a maximum of 82dB (Programmable). That volume limiting feature makes these headsets appropriate for use in OSHA and MSHA regulated workplaces. It also ensures that your workers cannot damage their own hearing, keeping them as safe as possible.
SM1P-Ex Noise Reduction Ratings (NRRs)
Region Australia / NZ USA / Canada Europe Standard AS/NZS 1270 ANSI S3.19 EN352-1/EN352-3 Result SLC80 NRR SNR Headband 30 - 32 dB, Class 5 29 - 30 dB 37 dB Neckband 29 - 33 dB, Class 5 27 - 31 dB 36 - 38 dB Helmet Mount 28 - 30 dB, Class 5 26 - 29 dB 38 - 39 dB
- Dual Protection for Extreme Noise (95dB+)
- Clear two way radio communication in high-noise environments
- Compatible with leading two way radios via wired connection or Bluetooth
- Bluetooth cellular connection for conversation and audio streaming (HFP, HSP and A2DP profiles)
- Improved Short Range with VOX capabilities and additional channel banks for headset-to-headset communications
- FM Radio enable/disable: Allows users to listen to commercial FM Radio stations
- Upgraded battery life (up to 24 hours) for use in multiple shifts
- SENS® Technology - remain aware of surrounding noises and hazards
- 360° situational awareness
- Enhances speech while suppressing background noise to a safe level
- Face-to-face communication in high noise
- Limit ‘in-ear’ exposure to 82 dB(A)
- Noise-canceling boom mic
- Available in headband, behind-the-neck, and helmet style
- NRR (noise reduction rating) range of 26-31 dB.
- Intrinsically safe SM1P-Ex series ATEX & IECEx approved. Certified to: II 1G Ex ia IIC T3 Ga (-20°C ≤ Ta ≤ +40°C), I M1 Ex ia I Ma (-20°C ≤ Ta ≤ +60°C)
- Intrinsically safe SM1P-Ex series UL & CSA approved. Certified to: Class I Division 1 Groups A-D, T3C (-20°C ≤ Ta ≤ +40°C); Class 1 Zone 0 AEx ia IIC T3 Ga (-20°C ≤ Ta ≤ +40°C); Ex ia IIC T3 Ga (-20°C ≤ Ta ≤ +40°C)
Write Your Own Review