The COMTAC III and COMTAC IV both have Single and Dual Comm variants for streamline cable management. The downleads separate left and right audio traffic.
The 3M Peltor COMTAC series of headsets offer tactical communication in addition to hearing protection for today's modern warfighter. ComTac Tactical Communication Headsets are formulated and constructed specifically for use with firearms and ballistic combat helmets. These headsets feature external microphones with talk-thru capability to maintain situational awareness while still sustaining hearing protection. The ComTac III Advanced Communication Headset (ACH) has been standardized and fielded by various DOD agencies, specifically U.S. SOCOM and U.S. Army PEO Soldier.
The COMTAC III ARC configuration is for use with Ops-Core rails. These ARC Mounted Headsets are designed to address the challenges associated with doffing and donning of the helmet which in addition eliminates “hot spots,” reducing the need to modify the internal padding of the helmet for proper fitting. The system utilizes a mounting mechanism to connect the headset to the helmet Accessory Rail Connector.
- Level-dependent surround sound for “talk-thru” function
- External communications and stereo “talk-thru” are independent of each other
- External communications and “talk-thru” are battery independent for Rx/Tx fail safe
- Ambidextrous noise-canceling boom mic (can be mounted on either left or right side by operator) angled to minimize interference with peripheral vision
- Adjustable sizing to fit different users
- Meets Environmental Standard MIL-STD-810F; Meets EMI Standard MIL-STD-461E
Level Dependent Functionaility, commonly referred to as “talk-thru,” is a means of allowing safe audio sounds to bypass the individual hearing protection while still protecting against harmful noises. This can be accomplished with a proprietary digital audio circuit integrated into the headset. A microphone will receive sounds outside its headset and transmit those to a speaker inside the headset. This Level Dependent Digital Audio Circuit easily senses noise levels above the desired threshold and compresses each to a safe decibel level or amplifies weak sounds to an audible level.
Compression vs. Clipping
3M has incorporated compression technology to remove the “clipping” effect heard in common talk-thru systems. “Clipping” can result in missing the first syllable of important commands. This technology resolves that issue and dramatically improves speech intelligibility.
ComTac External Communication (i.e. radio or intercom) and “talk thru” are completely independent of one another. In the unlikely event of electronic failure or battery depletion, external communications will continue to function.
-MIL STD 810F, Department of Defense Test Method Standard for Environmental Engineering Considerations and Laboratory Tests
-Submersion: 3 feet, 30 minutes, salt-water-survivable
-MIL STD 461E, Department of Defense Interface Standard, Requirements for the Control of Electromagnetic Interference Characteristics of Subsystems and Equipment
-CS1 14, RE101, RE-102-4, RS101 and RS103 Requirements
Noise Reduction Ratings(NRR)
(per ANSI S3.19-1974; NAVLAP Certified - Tested internally at 3M’s NAVLAP-accredited facility)
- COMTAC III ACH (Headband version, standard foam cushion): NRR 23 dB
- COMTAC III ACH (Neckband version, standard foam cushion): NRR 22 dB
- COMTAC III ACH (ARC Attachment version, standard foam cushion): NRR 22 dB
- COMTAC IV: Classic Foam Eartip - NRR 30 dB; UltraFit Reusable Eartip - NRR 18 dB
Refer to Chart for Headset descriptions
- 500+ hours battery life (2 x AAA)
- Headband Neckband & Helmet Attachment variants available
- Single and Dual COMM variants available
- Military Environmental Standards
- Military Ballistic Standards
- EMI Standards
- Improved Tactical Keypad
- NRR 22 dB
Write Your Own Review
You may also be interested in the following product(s)
From: $584.00 To: $654.00
From: $584.00 To: $654.00